Whether your WordPress website is a blog or a full-blown business website, you need to give visitors a way to get in touch with you. A website contact form can serve a variety of purposes. If you’re a blogger, you need a way for readers to provide feedback. If you’re a business owner, you may need a contact form for answering customers’ questions and scheduling appointments.
Many of the best contact form plugins for WordPress are free. If you’re a business owner, though, you may need the additional flexibility of a paid plugin. Whether you use a free or paid contact form plugin, these are some of the features that we believe are essential:
- Mobile responsiveness: At least half of the people who visit your website will use mobile devices. Your contact form has to look good — and function correctly — on smartphones.
- Spam protection: If you have a contact form with no spam protection, you will receive unsolicited messages from spammers. You may even receive malware. A contact form plugin for WordPress should include a CAPTCHA function to reduce automated spam.
- Flexibility: Businesses often need to request additional information from their customers in order to provide better service. You’ll need the ability to customize your contact form.
- Deliverability: The contact form plugin needs to structure messages so they don’t look like spam to your email provider. The messages need to reach your inbox — not your spam box.
- Message routing: Does your company have people who specialize in handling specific types of customer service issues? Your contact form will need the ability to route messages to different departments.
These are the best contact form plugins for WordPress.
W8 Contact Form
W8 Contact Form creates some of the most visually appealing contact forms we’ve ever seen. You can use it to embed a contact form within any page of your website. When a user clicks the icon, the contact form slides into view and pushes the page’s main content to the side. W8 Contact Form has extensive customization options, includes spam protection and can route messages to different recipients.
Contact Form 7
With over 5 million websites using it at the time of writing, Contact Form 7 is the most popular of all free WordPress contact form plugins. The developer requests donations to support Contact Form 7, and the free version is not crippled in any way. This plugin includes plenty of customization options, but you may need to have some HTML coding knowledge to get the most out of it.
Fast Secure Contact Form
Fast Secure Contact form is the easiest solution for adding a simple contact form to your WordPress website. Although it doesn’t have the ability to route messages to different addresses, it can send to multiple addresses simultaneously. You can add and remove the fields in your contact form using simple check boxes. Fast Secure Contact Form includes spam protection.
Advanced Contact Form Plugin
Do you need to give customers the ability to attach files such as images or documents to their messages? Advanced Contact Form Plugin is the fastest way to add a contact form with file upload functionality to your WordPress website. Advanced Contact Form Plugin uses efficient code and minimizes HTTP requests to keep your website fast. It also uses multiple techniques to reduce spam. For example, it verifies that the sender has entered a valid email address before it forwards the message to you.